Graduate Symposium "Techniques of the Image"終了しました
Arts W-220, McGill University (Montreal)
Organised by the University of Tokyo Center for Philosophy, the Department of Art History & Communication Studies, McGill University, and the Department of East Asian Studies, McGill University.
Panel 1: Techniques of Form, 2-3.45 pm
Respondent: Prof. Yuriko Furuhata (EAS, McGill)
1. Tai van Toorn (AHCS, McGill), "Intimate Enclosures: Framing the English Portrait Limning, 1585-1610"
2. Aya Kawamura (UTCP), "Framed Image: Aleksandr Rodchenko’s Abstract Paintings, Photographs and the Concept of Construction"
3. Toru Arakawa (UTCP), "Inflection and Inclusion: Perspectivism in Minimal Art"
Panel 2: Pictorial Constructs, 4-5.45 pm
Respondent: Prof. Takahiro Nakajima (UTCP)
1. Misato Ido (UTCP), "Commemorating the Past: The Construction of Narrative and Image in the Screen Painting of Fuji no Makigari"
2. Gyewon Kim (AHCS, McGill), "Tracing the Emperor: Photography, Imperial Progresses and the Creation of Sacred Geographies"
3. Samantha Burton (AHCS, McGill), "Inside out: locating the contact zone in images of the Canadian domestic interior"